A dental crown is a cap that is placed over a tooth - covering it to help restore its shape, size, strength, and to improve its appearance.
The crown, when it’s correctly cemented into place, will fully cover the entire visible portion of a tooth that at and around the gum line.
Getting a crown is a two-visit process to our office.
- The first visit is for us to prepare for the crown, examine your tooth give you a temporary crown.
- The second visit is where you’ll receive your permanent crown.
A crown can be required for a different number of reasons:
- To protect a weak tooth from breaking & decay, or to help hold parts of a cracked tooth together
- Restore a tooth that is already broken or one that is worn down to an unsafe level
- To cover and help support a tooth where there is more filling than tooth left
- To help hold a dental bridge in its place.
- Cover a tooth that is misshapen or discolored
- To cover a dental implant
Don’t hesitate to contact our team and see how DaVinnci Dental in Clawson can help improve your smile with dental crowns!