Tooth Extractions in Clawson, MI
Is your tooth causing an unbearable level of discomfort?
Do you have a wisdom tooth that is beginning to crowd your other teeth and causing you pain?
Have you already explored the possibility of saving your tooth with your dentist and are still unable to afford it?
We are your answer. If you are in need of a tooth extraction, DaVincci Dental can take care of it.
If you have a tooth that is severely damaged, it probably needs to be removed. The procedure is performed by a dentist or oral surgeon.
Before the procedure, you will be given a local anesthetic to numb the area. Once the tooth is removed, you may require stitches. You can gently bite down on a cotton gauze pad placed over the wound to help stop the bleeding.
Depending upon what type of stitches you required, you may need a follow up visit to have them removed. Some stitches dissolve over time, and some have to be removed after a few days. Your dentist will tell you whether your stitches need to be removed. After that, you can replace the removed tooth with an implant, a denture, or a bridge.
What To Expect After Surgery
In most cases, the recovery period will only last a few days. Here are some tips to help speed recovery:
- Take painkillers as prescribed by your dentist or oral surgeon.
- After 24 hours, rinse your mouth gently with warm salt water several times a day to minimize pain and swelling. Make your own salt water by mixing 1 tsp (5 g) of salt in a medium-sized glass [8 fl oz (237 mL)] of warm water.
- Don't let your gauze pads become soaked with blood - change them often.
- Relax! Physical activity may increase bleeding.
- Refrain from smoking.
- Eat soft foods, such as gelatin, pudding, or a thin soup. Slowly add solid foods to your diet as your healing progresses.
- When lying down, prop up your head with pillows. Lying flat leads to increased bleeding.
- Avoid rubbing the area with your tongue.
- Continue to carefully brush your teeth and tongue.
Call DaVinnci Dental for a FREE Consultation.